Following are some of the main things happening during May:
- A series of Schools practice Cluster Events leading up to the SA Schools Championships on 27th May.. Don't forget to get your school entry in by no later than Mon 13th May..
- The Torrens in Highbury & Athelstone on Sun 5th May. Explore this little known part of the Upper Torrens including the Aqueduct Reserve. Some markers are in a newly opened section of this reserve. This is a full SI score event with a range of classes to suit MTBO riders and foot O competitors.
- A completely FREE event at O'Halloran Hill Reserve on Sat afternoon on Sat 11th May. come and try orienteering in an areas with parks, streets, extending into bushy terrain of the O'Halloran Hill Reserve. Experienced orienteers will be present to assist newcomers and those with some experience. Photograph taken at last year's event (Robin Uppill)
- Help celebrate World Orienteering Day at the Belair Golf Course on Wed May 15th (late afternoon & evening). This is a great opportunity to bring out your family and friends to show them what Orienteering is all about in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Set in the beautiful Belair National Park - only 15 minutes from Adelaide - there will be courses to suit young family's and newcomers as well as those that are experienced.
- Explore the streets & parks of Beaumont on Sun 19th May.
Article by Ken Thompson