Updated 18th Jan 2020
Thanks for registering your interest in using our permanent courses. Please report any damaged or missing control markers to the Orienteering SA Secretary. Your feedback would also be valued.
Google Map for course locations
Click on the map(s) you require below
Belair National Park - Park Office, Upper Sturt Rd, Belair, ph 8278 5477
Belair National Park Al l Control Codes for teachers & group leaders
A) Belair Course Set One: Gums Oval
The start and finish is next to a BBQ shed on the Western side of Gums Oval. Entry is via the main gate off Upper Sturt Road. Hard copy maps may be available from the National Park Office as you enter the Park.
Start: Belair Gums
Gums Courses updated 1 January 2016
- BNP_Gums Easy 1. Easy Navigation 2.8km
- BNP_Gums Moderate 1 Moderate Navigation 3.1km
- BNP_Gums Hard 1 Hard navigation 3.1km
- BNP_Gums Scatter 22 Controls
B) Belair Course Set Two: Adventure Playground..updated Nov 2018
The start & finish is at the "Adventure Orienteering" sign near the kiosk at the Adventure Playground. Hard copy maps may be available from the National Park Office as you enter the Park.
- Adventure 1 Easy 0.9km
- Adventure 2 Easy/Moderate 1.2km
- Adventure 3 Moderate 1.5km
- Adventure 4 Score or Scatter 20 controls
Blue Gum Park (Park 20) /Kurangga new courses are now available (13th July 2019)
The courses start and finish to the west of Tree Climb in the south parklands on the north side of Greenhill Rd. A temporary wooden post with a marker on top can be found there as shown in the photograph. Later this will be replaced by a proper sign.
- * Blue Gum Park.Moderate 2 2.0km
- * Blue Gum Park Scatter 15 controls
- Control Codes for Teachers and Team Leaders only
Fox Creek: Thomas Hill The courses start and finish just inside the main gate off Croft Road marked to "Fox Creek MTB Park"
Best for foot orienteering:
- Thomas Hill Fox Creek Easy1 1.9km
- Thomas Hill Fox Creek Moderate1 3.3km
- Thomas Hill Fox Creek Moderate2 1.5km
Best for Mountain Bike Orienteering
Suitable for both foot and mountain bike orienteering
- Thomas Hill Fox Creek Scatter or Score (25controls)
Hawthorndene Reserve map updated 5th July 2019
Start/Finish Hawthorndene Reserve
The start & finish is close to the southern entrance of the playground on Watahuna Ave just to the north of the roundabout. A temporary blue post is there at present which will soon be replaced by a prominant sign.
- Hawthorndene Reserve Instructions
- HawthorndeneEasy1 0.8km
- HawthorndeneEasy2 0.9km
- Hawthorndene Scatter 19 controls
Hazelwood Park Map & courses updated 17th Jan 2020
Sign marking start/finish
Enter the park via Howard Tce Burnside. The start and finish is as shown on the map just to the east of the Adventure Playground. Thanks to Burnside Council for installing the sign.
- Very Easy (wheelchair friendly) 0.8km
- Scatter Course 15 controls
For Teachers & Group Leaders only: Permanent Marker Codes HazelwoodPark updated 17th Jan 2020
Kuitpo Forest Updated Jan 2018
Report to ForestrySA office (if they are open) before proceeding as some areas may be restricted due to forestry operations.
Start and Finish for Christmas Hill at the Jack's Paddock gate and noticeboard. More details on map.
Start & Finish for The Eucalypts Maps are found on Razorback Rd off the Meadows to Echunga Rd. See the map for more information.
Start and finish for Kuitpo Headquarters Maps at Information Shed adjoining Forestry Headquarters on the Meadows to Willunga Rd (Route B34)
- Kuitpo HQ EASY Course 2.6km
- Kuitpo HQ SCATTER Course 19 controls
Start & Finish for Woodcutters Map is anywhere within the campsite off Brookman Rd. Use of this map is restricted to groups who have booked the Woodcutters Cottage or the Jack's Paddock area from Forestry SA
- Woodcutters Scatter Course 18 controls
AllKuitpoForestDIYCoursesAnswerCodes.pdf For use by Teachers & Group Leaders Only
A) Melrose Showgrounds . All easy to moderate courses in a safe well defined area. Ideal for school or other group use as well as individuals. Suitable for foot or mountain bike orienteering. Start and finish at the lighting tower on the eastern edge of the oval.
Showgrounds Start with Mt Remarkable in sight
8th June 2018 Minor updates to Melrose Showgrounds map & correction to marker 68.
- Melrose Showgrounds Courses Scatter (18 controls)
B) Melrose: Ups & Downs Start and finish at the public noticeboard opposite the Mt Remarkable Hotel. Largely on private land adjoining the town. Access has been kindly allowed by the landowner so please respect the property so that we continue to have access. Courses range from easy to hard and are suited to both mountain bike and foot orienteering.
- Melrose Ups And Downs Courses Scatter (18 controls)
Melrose answer codes for Teachers and Group Leaders Only
Mt Crawford Forest: Updated Jan 2018 Start at the Chalks Camping Ground is at the gate indicated on the map by the purple triangle. Turn into Forties Rd from Warren Rd about 1km south of the Forestry SA Headquarters.
- Chalks Easy Course 2.7km
- Chalks Moderate Course 3.6km
- Chalks Scatter Course 25 controls
Chalks Answer Codes for Teachers and Group Leaders Only
North Adelaide - Updated with several changes 30/3/2016
Start and finish now at Elder Park Rotunda. However there is no marker at this point. Several controls have been relocated.
North Adelaide Scatter 17 controls
For Teachers & Group Leaders Only All control Codes North Adelaide
Oaklands Wetland updated 13th July 2019
The Oaklands Wetland is on the southern side of Oaklands Rd opposite the Marion Outdoor Swimming Centre.
- Oaklands Wetland.Easy 1 0.9km
- Oaklands Wetland.Easy 2 1.1km
- Oaklands Wetland.Easy 3 1.4km
- Oaklands Wetland.Easy 4 2.5km
- Oaklands Wetland.Scatter Course 22 controls
Control Codes for Teachers & Group Leaders Only....Control 61 & 62 currently missing from list
Para Wirra Recreation Park Start at prominant sign on western side of Helipad car park. Map for all courses updated 1st Aug 2019
Start of Para Wirra Courses
- Para Wirra Permanent Course.VERY EASY 1: 1.1km
- Para Wirra Permanent Course.VERY EASY 2: 1.7km
- Para Wirra Permanent Course.EASY 2.8km
- Para Wirra Permanent Course.MODERATE 3.1km
- Para Wirra Permanent Course Scatter 30 controls
Paringa Paddocks Renmark New location opened 27th Oct 2019. Courses start at either the Lions Park (LP) or the Visitor Information Centre (VIC). There are both FOOT orienteering and MTBO courses available.
- LP Foot Hard1 1.8km
- LP Foot Hard2 4.0km
- LP Foot Moderate1 1.7km
- LP MTBO Moderate1 4.8km
- Paringa Paddocks All Controls Scatter Course 41 controls
- VIC Foot Moderate1 5.1km
- VIC Foot Moderate2 4.0km
- VIC MTBO Moderate1 8.3km
Port Lincoln: Brinkworth Reserve: More information about these courses can be obtained by visiting the Lincoln Orienteers Website: http://www.lincolnorienteers.com.au/
- Brinkworth Reserve.Easy 0.8km
- Brinkworth Resreve Score or Scatter (20 controls)
Shepherds Hill Recreation Park All courses start and finish at the eastern end of the car park on Ayliffes Road. Just start at the information sign with the O markers on them. Courses Opened 30th Dec 2019
- Shepherds Hill Easy 1.2km
- Shepherds Hill Moderate 1.3km
- Shepherds Hill Hard 1.4km
- Shepherds Hill Scatter 22 controls
For Teachers & Team Leaders Only Control Codes Shepherds Hill Recreation Park
St Peters River Park (Torrens Linear Park) Start and finish at prominent sign on north east side of BBQ area and toilets accessible from car park on River Road. Map updated Dec 2019.
Start for St Peters River Park
- St Peters River Park_Permanent Courses.Short Easy 0.7km
- St Peters River Park_Permanent Courses.Medium Moderate 1.4km
- St Peters River Park_Permanent Courses.Long Moderate 2.7km
- St Peters River Park_Permanent Courses Scatter 23 controls
For Teachers & Team Leaders only Permanent control Codes St Peters River Park
Thorndon Park (Athelstone) Maps are also available free (weekends only subject to availability) from the Rotary Club Kiosk. Start and finish at the sign near the kiosk. Map & Courses updated 18th Jan 2020
- Thorndon Park Permanent Courses.Short Easy 1.3km
- Thorndon Park Permanent Courses.Medium Moderate 2.1km
- Thorndon Park Permanent Courses Scatter 23 controls
For Teachers & Group Leaders Only: Permanent control answers ThorndonPark