OSA offers orienteering as an outdoor team building activity, usually as a half day session.
Orienteering experience is not necessary as a briefing is provided. Each team is given a kit of course maps, compass, activity sheets and score cards. AM or PM sessions are possible of 2.5 - 3 hours duration.
The activity incorporates
- Teams of 4-5 work together using an orienteering map to locate control markers within a set time period (approx 1.5 hours)
- Accommodates a range of navigation skills and physical fitness (walking, or jogging for the more athletic) and traverses roads, tracks or minor cross country sections
- Tactics, planning, route choice and team work interact to challenge the competitive spirit of the teams
- Set in open eucalpyt bushland of Belair National Park
- 20 minutes from the CBD (train access also possible)
- No experience is required as full instruction is provided
- 2.5 to 3 hour sessions
- Equipment including maps, compass are provided
- Participants need to dress for an outdoor activity according to the time of year