SALTBUSH ORIENTEERS HOMEPAGE
Orienteering for 44 years.
You are visitor number:
Saltbush Orienteers is based in the city of Whyalla which is located on the eastern side of the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. The club was first established in 1974. Most of the maps we use are in the nearby Middleback Ranges within 30-60 minutes driving time from the city. New to orienteering: Click here for more information about orienteering..
Go to Events & Location to see 2020 Programme as well as combined Saltbush & Lincoln Orienteers Programme.
Please visit the Saltbush Orienteers Facebook Page
The next event for 2020 is on the 27th September using the Whyalla East map.
The start area is at the car park across from and south west of the Foreshore Motel (see below map).
Start times are any time between 10 am and 1 pm, but participants must return to the orienteering van by 3pm
- Remember to have comfortable walking shoes, hat and water.
- Fees for casual participants are: Group $10 and Individual $5
- Coaching is available - ask at the orienteering van
- Pre-start requirements - check the courses available (usually shown on a table or notice board), complete the entry form and give to the organiser, pay a fee if a casual participant, get your map and start your course.
- There will be covid-19 restrictions in place, ie no water will be on the courses, physical distancing at the registration area and other areas, no key storage.
- Contact Alan on 0403 010 569 if you have any queries.
Awards for the season