SALTBUSH ORIENTEERS HOMEPAGE
Orienteering for 44 years.
You are visitor number:
Saltbush Orienteers is based in the city of Whyalla which is located on the eastern side of the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. The club was first established in 1974. Most of the maps we use are in the nearby Middleback Ranges within 30-60 minutes driving time from the city. New to orienteering: Click here for more information about orienteering..
Go to Events & Location to see 2021 Programme as well as combined Saltbush & Lincoln Orienteers Programme.
Please visit the Saltbush Orienteers Facebook Page
The next event for 2021 is on Sunday 14th March using the Whyalla Hills map.
- The start location is a the carpark at Wilson Park, McBryde Tce, Whyalla (see map below) and start times are any time between 10 am and 1 pm
- Pre-start procedures - decide on your course (descriptions will be displayed on a notice board or a table), fill out the course entry form, if new to orienteering fill out a registration form, present the form(s) to the organiser in the orange and white orienteering van, pay any fees (casual individual $5, group $10). The organiser will allocate a time to start and at that time collect your map and start your course.
- Remember to put on scunscreen and wear a hat and appropriate walking shoes.
- There will be courses for all fitness levels.
- Please contact Greg on 0408 847 278 if you have any queries.
Start location at car park at Wilson Park, McBryde Tce, Whyalla (orange and white icon)
A competitor on a street-park course near Hummock Hill
Awards for the 2020 season
Results for 27th September - Whyalla East Score event