SALTBUSH ORIENTEERS HOMEPAGE
Orienteering for 44 years.
You are visitor number:
Saltbush Orienteers is based in the city of Whyalla which is located on the eastern side of the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. The club was first established in 1974. Most of the maps we use are in the nearby Middleback Ranges within 30-60 minutes driving time from the city. New to orienteering: Click here for more information about orienteering..
Go to Events & Location to see 2021 Programme as well as combined Saltbush & Lincoln Orienteers Programme.
Please visit the Saltbush Orienteers Facebook Page
The next event for 2021 is on Sunday 2nd May using the Moonabie North map.
- Travel on the road from Whyalla towards Cowell for about 50 km and at the approach to the communicationtowers on the Moonabie ridge there will be signs indicating a right hand turn.(see directions map below)
- Start times are any time between 10 am and 1 pm. Return to the van by 3 pm.
- Pre-start procedures - decide on your course (descriptions will be displayed on a notice board or a table), fill out the course entry form, if new to orienteering fill out a registration form, present the form(s) to the organiser in the orange and white orienteering van, pay any fees (casual individual $10, group $15). Compass hire - $1, Sportident stick hire $2. The organiser will allocate a time to start and at that time collect your map and start your course.
- Remember to put on sunscreen and wear a hat and appropriate walking shoes.
- A barbecue plate will be available but bring your own food and drink.
- There will be courses for all fitness levels.
- Please contact John on 0478 624 765 if you have any queries.
Awards for the 2020 season
Results for 27th September - Whyalla East Score event