SALTBUSH ORIENTEERS HOMEPAGE
Orienteering for 44 years.
You are visitor number:
Saltbush Orienteers is based in the city of Whyalla which is located on the eastern side of the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. The club was first established in 1974. Most of the maps we use are in the nearby Middleback Ranges within 30-60 minutes driving time from the city. New to orienteering: Click here for more information about orienteering..
Go to Events & Location to see 2021 Programme as well as combined Saltbush & Lincoln Orienteers Programme.
Please visit the Saltbush Orienteers Facebook Page
The next scheduled event is a street/park event using the Wetlands-Tower Hill map on Sunday 13th March 2022. The start location will be advised nearer the event.
- Start times are any time between 10 am and 1 pm. Return to the van by 3 pm.
- For casual orienteers - Pre-start procedures - decide on your course (descriptions will be displayed on a notice board or a table), fill out the course entry form, if new to orienteering fill out a registration form, present the form(s) to the organiser in the orange and white orienteering van, pay any fees (casual individual $10, group $15). Compass hire - $1, The organiser will allocate a time to start and at that time collect your map and start your course.
- Remember to put on sunscreen and wear a hat and appropriate walking shoes.
- There will be courses for all fitness levels.
- Contact John on 0478 624 765 for any queries.
Awards for the 2021 season
Greg Hancock and Silvia Friedrich - Orienteer of the Year - Female 2021
John Paterson - joint winner with Adrian Watson (absent) of Orienteer of the Year - Male 2021
and Greg Hancock
Greg Hancock and Alan Holland - Club Person 2021
Winners from the 2021 EP Championships
M65A and M75A winner Adrian Watson, Saltbush President Greg Hancock and course setter Jason Munday
M21AS winner Alek Sims and Saltbush President Greg Hancock
EP Relays at Coffin Bay
Winners of the B teams and holding the Jade trophy are Saltbush Orienteers Alek Sims (holding trophy), John Brockhurst and Alan Holland at the EP Relays at Coffin Bay on 6 June 2021. The EP Relays is an annual interclub competition between the Saltbush and Lincoln clubs. Lincoln won the A and C classes and secured enough points to win the overall winner trophy.
EP Relays 21 July 2019